Monday, April 23, 2007

Moving In!

So I moved in two weekends ago (thanks to Cindy's help) and have stayed in my new apartment for over a week now. Like a new relationship, everything always appears to be perfect at the beginning. But once you’ve settled in, you start discovering little things about the place like the toilet water is constantly running or it’s such an old building that it makes a lot of little noises that you get scared to sleep alone at night now that you’re no longer in the same bed as Cindy (who makes absolutely NO noise when she sleeps as if you're sleeping next to a dead person). Or your neighbor below you practices violin at 11 at night. Or your next door neighbor makes it a point to slam the door every time he comes home – OK I get it - you’re an angry New Yorker and the whole world’s against you but do you have to take it out on your door and my ears?

Like a new relationship, you also learn to adjust to your new environment. Kinda like closing your eyes to ignore all that body hair (or throwing up when you open your eyes.) Or when he lets out a silent fart but it’s your nose that delivers the news so you have to smack him before running away to avoid the smell. Or you learn that he’s obsessed with a certain winter sport and even when you travel 3,000 miles to visit him, he’ll drop you like 5-day-old sushi for any powder day and makes you want to shove all ten pairs of his precious skis up his skinny little ass. You know, the usual…but I’m just speaking hypothetically of course.

Once I get my DSL/cable set up tomorrow, I will post pictures of my new apartment!

1 comment:

Ally said...

Where are the pix from your new apartment? :-D