Thursday, April 12, 2007

Happy Hour

Since I haven’t worked in four months, I have forgotten how much fun happy hour was after a long day at work. For my first happy hour of the year, my new work friends and I went to this cool little bar called Exchange on Fulton St (Financial District) where Cindy’s friends were guest bartending. We wolfed down 10-cent buffalo wings and delicious waffle fries, drank beer (well, girly drinks for me), and listened to my favorite eclectic mix of pop music (50cent, Britney Spears, Run-D.M.C., A-Ha and 80's Madonna, etc. you get the idea.)

Her friends are actually lawyers but guest bartend once in a while at this bar owned by their friends. This novel ideal prompted Cindy and I to want to guest bartend too. After a grueling “interview” with the owners – which consisted of us dancing around a stripper pole - we got the job! I even went behind the bar and started practicing but got as far as pouring water for myself. I guess asking people already with drinks what else they wanted to drink was pretty useless - they ended up offering me a drink instead. Well at least I tried. Although I know nothing about bartending (don't even know what's in a cosmo) I’m a fast learner so I’m sure I’ll pick it up when it’s really our turn to guest bartend. We have yet to set a date but I’ll be sure to update you with pictures when that does happen. Hey we can be like the girls in Coyote Ugly (definitely a classic alongside Cocktails)!


Picture: These are my new work friends although this picture wasn't from the aforementioned happy hour. This was for April's birthday party at Kingsize on the Lower East Side; unfortunately the birthday girl didn't make it in the picture.

No comments: