Monday, April 2, 2007

First Day of School

Unfortunately for me, my first day of work also coincided with the Yankees opening day, which meant Cindy the season ticket holder took the day off to see them play and left me to go to work ALL BY MYSELF. Being mildly retarded in life but severely retarded with directions, I actually navigated my way to the subway station without a hitch - thanks to Cindy's detailed instructions complete with a hand-drawn map. When I got on the train, I attempted to blend in and started perusing the Metro newspaper, but how can I even pretend to read about Hilary's record-breaking campaign contributions when I was so paranoid that I got on the wrong train? After switching trains and blundering my way through, I made it to work and my very first solo ride on the subway was a success. When I got to work, I had to walk by the security guard and flash him my ID badge which I hadn't yet received. Luckily, I was told that flashing him ANYTHING quickly would do. So I tried my driver's license and it worked like a charm. Next time I will use my library card and then my metro card to see what I can get away with.

Going to work for the first time in months was actually quite refreshing. Kinda like the first day of school after a long summer break. I was even assigned my first deliverable due the following Monday. Exciting indeed...When I got home (Cindy's housing me at the moment until I find my own place), she had dinner ready - mac and cheese with a side of broccoli. Yummy and nutritious - just what every working girl needs after a long hard day at work (or long hard day at the Yankees stadium).

No comments: