Monday, April 9, 2007

Forever Homeless

I finally found a place to live! It's a charming (which means tiny) studio, fully furnished, and has a murphy bed! How cute is that - my very first murphy bed (you know - one of those beds that fold down from the wall). Although the location is a bit more uptown and suburban than I'd like (Upper East Side on 78th & 1st), the neighborhood is very cute with tons of restaurants. And let's face it - beggars can't be choosers. Nonetheless, I can move out of Cindy's so she can finally have her privacy back.

Oh but wait...Just when I thought I was all set, my to-be landlord called on Sunday night while I was having Easter dinner with Cindy's family and said, "I'm so sorry honey but my son just came back unexpectedly and he'll need the apartment." WTF? Are you kidding me? You wait until the last minute to tell me I can't move in? Why not wait until I have all my luggage outside your door to tell me that? Needless to say, the search is back on and Craig is once again my BFF.

While complaining that all this ordeal is causing me stomach ulcers, I felt much better after dear S wrote these sweet words of encouragement: "Stop being a hypochondriac. You are Evan C! (I refuse to call you W). You always land on your two feet... w/ money in your hands! Something good will come through!" Isn't she the best?!

1 comment:

KSimon said...

OK Evan, this is too funny! I hope you find you a nice place (u know 450 sq feet)...while you are smooshed in a small apartment paying an arm and a leg in the big apple, I'll be down here in atlanta paying half of that for 5000 sq feet of luxury and way better weather and views than you have??? LOL...seriously....have fun! Do it before you have kids...b/c once you have kids...your fun will be watching them or taking them to have fun! Kenny.